FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 9, 2023
Contact: Ian Fury
Gov. Noem Signs Bills into Law
PIERRE, S.D. – Today, Governor Noem signed the following 8 bills into law:
- SB 8 revises provisions relating to addiction and prevention services professionals;
- SB 18 revises the appropriation for the Dakota Events CompleX (DEX) at the South Dakota State Fair;
- SB 33 amends an appropriation for the revised construction costs of the Mineral Industries Building at the School of Mines and Technology;
- SB 42 modifies power of attorney requirements for certain vehicle transfer authorizations;
- SB 103 creates a pilot program in the Unified Judicial System for risk and lethality assessments for certain persons accused of assault or protection order violations;
- SB 115 revises certain provisions regarding consideration of out-of-state convictions for driving under the influence;
- SB 176 modifies certain requirements for removal from the sex offender registry; and,
- HB 1196 makes an appropriation for improving the buildings and ground of the capitol complex.
Governor Noem has signed 126 bills into law and vetoed 3 this legislative session.