FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 28, 2023
Contact: Ian Fury
Gov. Noem Signs Bills into Law
PIERRE, S.D. – Today, Governor Noem signed the following 5 bills into law:
- SB 44 repeals provisions regarding the creation of river basin natural resource districts;
- SB 56 revises requirements to relocate a county seat;
- SB 98 identifies the means of conducting a criminal background check for the renewal of a gold card or an enhanced permit to carry a concealed pistol;
- HB 1145 revises the order of precedence for the right to control the disposition of the remains of a deceased person; and,
- HB 1222 limits the liability of permit and certificate-issuing entities and certified use of force instructors.
Governor Noem has signed 72 bills into law this legislative session.