Agency RSS

Names Released In Minnehaha County Fatal Crash

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2019

CONTACT: Tony Mangan, Public Information Officer, 605-280-5648


Names Released In Minnehaha County Fatal Crash


What:    Two-Vehicle Fatal Crash

Where:  South Dakota Highway 42, mile marker 359

              One-half mile west of Sioux Falls, S.D.

When:   12:55 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019


Driver No. 1: Alyssa Skogen, 39, Sioux Falls, S.D., Fatal Injuries

Passengers: Male, 10, Tea, S.D., Serious Non-Life Threatening Injuries

                      Male, 5, Sioux Falls, S.D., Serious Non-Life Threatening Injuries

Vehicle: 2005 Pontiac Vibe


Driver No. 2: Fredrico San Miguell, 44, Sioux Falls, S.D., Fatal Injuries

Passenger: David Kieffer, 57, Sioux Falls, S.D., Fatal Injuries

Vehicle: 1994 Ford F150 Pickup



SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – Three people from Sioux Falls have been identified as those who died in a two-vehicle crash that occurred Saturday afternoon west of Sioux Falls.


A 2005 Pontiac Vibe was eastbound on South Dakota Highway 42, between 466th Avenue and 467th Avenue, when it crossed the center line and collided with a westbound 1994 Ford F150 pickup. The pickup caught fire shortly after the collision.


Both male occupants of the pickup died at the scene. They were the driver, 44-year-old Fredrico San Miguel, and the passenger, 57-year-old David Kieffer. Seatbelt use is under investigation.


Alyssa Skogen, the 39-year-old female driver of the Pontiac Vibe, also was pronounced dead at the scene. Two male passengers, ages 10 and five, were transported to a Sioux Falls hospital with serious non-life threatening injuries. All three were wearing seatbelts.


That portion of Highway 42 was closed for a time following the crash. South Dakota’s Highway Patrol continues to investigate the crash.


The Highway Patrol is part of the South Dakota Department of Public Safety.




Note: Records of state-reportable crashes are now available at http://www.safesd.gov/  Records should be available about 10 days after the investigation is complete.